Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dialogue Workout 56


1.
A: Do you know how to repair radios and TVs?
B: Yes, I do. I’ve been repairing them for a long time.
A: Could you tell me exactly how long?
B: I’ve been repairing them since 1996.
A: Well, you’ve had a lot of experience.
B: I enjoy working with electronic equipment.
2.
A: Do you know how to operate a floor waxer?
B: Yes, I do. I’ve been operating one for quite a while.
A: And have you had other janitorial experience?
B: Yes, I’ve had several years experience as a janitor.
A: That sounds good. Could you please fill out this application?
B: I’d be glad to.
3.
A: Are you familiar with our regulations?
B: No, I’m not. I haven’t worked at this hospital before.
A: Have you been attending a nurse’s training program?
B: Yes. I have been taking a nurse’s training course at City College.
A: Are you willing to work nights?
B: Yes, I am. I’ve worked nights in other jobs.
4.
A: I’d like to apply for the driver job.
B: Well, we’re accepting applications now.
A: I haven’t had a lot of experience as a driver, but I can drive, and I have a valid California Driver’s License.
B: That’s okay. Previous experience isn’t necessary.
A: I have very good driving record
B: That’s good. And are you willing to work on
the weekend?
5.
A: Have you taken care of the elderly before?
B: No, I haven’t taken care of elderly people, but I have experience with children.
A: Taking care of the elderly requires patience.
B: I believe I have a lot of patience and skill.
A: Are you familiar with first aid procedures?
B: Yes, I am. I’ve had training in first aid techniques.
6.
A: We’re looking for a stock clerk.
B: I’m interested in applying for that job.
A: Have you worked as a stock clerk before?
B: No, I haven’t, but I’m sure I could learn quickly.
A: This job doesn’t require experience. But you have to be willing to learn new skills.
B: I’m very interested in learning new skills.
7.
A: Here’s an application form. Have you filled one out before?
B: I haven’t filled one out before.
A: Well, you need to list your previous jobs. The most recent job is first.
B: I understand.
A: Here, you will list the schools you attended.
B: I see. What about references?
8.
A: You can use teachers or landlords as references.
B: I understand.
A: Anybody who can vouch for your character.
B: What about my previous employers?
A:Yes, a previous employer would be an excellent reference.
B: I can ask her to write a letter of recommendation.
9.
A: Are you currently employed?
B: Yes, I am. I work at Busvan Furniture Company.
A: What is your position there exactly?
B: I’m a salesman. I’m also a bookkeeper.
A: Have you been working there for a long time?
B: Yes, I’ve been working there for the past five years.
10.
A: Are you currently employed?
B: No, not at the moment. My last job was at the Hartford Insurance Company.
A: What was your position there?
B: I was a receptionist. I worked there for five years.
A: What have you been doing since you left Hartford?
B: I’ve been attending City College and acquiring computer skills there.

No comments:

Post a Comment