Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dialogue Workout 45


1.
A: How do you like San Francisco?
B: I like it. It’s a nice city.
A: How do you like the weather?
B: I don’t like the weather too much.
A: It’s often cold and foggy. Do you agree?
B: Yes. But I think the people here are friendly.
2.
A: When did you come to this city?
B: I came here two years ago.
A: Did you come with your family?
B: No, I didn’t. They came one year later.
A: Were you lonely when you first came here?
B: Yes, but when my family came, I was happy.
3.
A: What would you like to do?
B: Of course, I would like to learn more English.
A: Do you have any other dreams?
B: Some day, I would like to buy a house.
A: Houses are very expensive here.
B: I must work hard to reach my goals.
4.
A: What country are you from?
B: I’m from El Salvador.
A: What did you do in El Salvador?
B: I used to be a farmer. I had a farm.
A: Tell me about your farm.
B: We had many animals; cows, chickens, goats, horses.
5.
A: Tell me what you did your first day here.
B: We did a lot of things. We were excited.
A: Did you go sight-seeing?
B: Yes, we did. There was so much to see.
A: Did you see Civic Center?
B: Yes. We also saw Golden Gate Bridge.
6.
A: I like Golden Gate Bridge a lot
B: It’s a very exciting place. I agree.
A: I like to go walking there with friends.
B: I like to look at the city from the bridge.
A: Also, you can sometimes see ships.
B: That bridge is one of my favorite places.
7.
A: How long have you been a chef?
B: I have been a chef for ten years.
A: What did you do before that?
B: Before that, I was a dishwasher.
A: You must be getting a better salary now.
B: Yes, I’m doing much better now.
8.
A: Do you miss your family in Mexico?
B: Yes, I do. I miss my girlfriend, too.
A: Do you talk with them on the phone?
B: Yes. I call them about once a week.
A: What kind of work does your father do?
B: My father drives a tractor and my brothers help him.
9.
A: Tell me about your life in San Francisco.
B: I like it here because there is freedom.
A: But you have to work very hard with little pay.
B: And I have to get up at 4:00 am every day.
A: What kind of work do you do?
B: I drive a delivery van for a restaurant.
10.
A: What impressed you your first day here?
B: I was amazed to see the large buildings.
A: Yes, the buildings are large. Especially downtown.
B: I was frightened of the freeway.
A: That’s right. The cars go very fast on it.
B: I was confused to see people without homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment