Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dialogue Workout 22


1.
A: Excuse me. Is this Mission Street?
B: Yes, it is. This is the corner of Mission and 16th.
A: I just came out of the Bart Station.
B: Where do you want to go?
A: I want to go to Mission Campus.
B: That’s easy. Walk up Mission Street to 22nd and turn right.
2.
A: Walk along 22nd St. one block to Bartlett St.
B: Is Mission Campus there?
A: Yes. It’s at the corner of 22nd St. and Bartlett St.
B: Is it a good school?
A: Yes, it is. It’s a very good school.
B: I want to take an English class.
3.
A: Are there other classes at Mission Campus?
B: Yes, there are. There are computer classes.
A: Are the computer classes interesting?
B: Yes, they are. They’re very interesting.
A: Are they expensive?
B: No, they aren’t. They’re free.
4.
A: Excuse me. Is this Mission Street?
B: Yes, it is. This is the corner of Mission and 24th.
A: Is there a library nearby?
B: Yes, there is. It’s on 24th St. Go straight ahead.
A: I think I see it from here. Is that it?
B: Yes, it is. It’s on the corner of 24th and Bartlett.
5.
A: Is there a drugstore nearby?
B: Yes, there is. It’s only a half block from here.
A: Which way should I go?
B: Walk down Mission Street and you’ll see it.
A: Is it a Walgreen’s drugstore?
B: Yes. It’s on Mission, between 23rd and 24th.
6.
A: Excuse me. Is there a bank nearby?
B: Yes, there’s a bank on Mission Street.
A: How do I get there?
B: Walk up Mission St. to 25th St.
A: Is it a Wells Fargo bank?
B: No, it isn’t. It’s Washington Mutual.
7.
A: You’ll see it at the corner of Mission and 25th.
B: Does it have an ATM machine?
A: Yes, I think it does.
B: Also, I want to eat lunch.
A: There are many excellent restaurants here.
B: What kind of restaurants are there?
8.
A: McDonald’s Restaurant is across the street.
B: I don’t want to eat a hamburger.
A: Do you like to eat burritos?
B: Yes, I do. I like burritos very much.
A: There are many restaurants on 24th Street.
B: Thank you. I’ll walk along 24th and try one.
9.
A: Is there a hardware store near here?
B: Yes, there’s a hardware store on Mission Street.
A: How do I get there?
B: Walk up Mission Street a block and a half.
A: Do you know the address?
B: No, but it’s on the left between 25th and 26th.
10.
A: Please tell me how to get to Daly City.
B: You can take Bart. It goes to Daly City.
A: What train should I take?
B: You should take the Colma train.
A: Can I get there by bus?
B: Yes, you can take the 14 Bus, but it’s slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment